Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ute Lake New Mexico

Ute Lake New Mexico, 2012 
Ute Lake drains into the Canadian river which flows into Texas into Lake Meredith.  New Mexico is said to owe Texas millions of gallons of water because the dams are not allowing the water to flow into Lake Meredith adding to the already existent problem of declining water levels and complete supplementation of Ogallala water.  

This day I was terrified of rattle snakes.  I was on the rocks where you are 100% not supposed to go by yourself.  I was by  myself and watching my every step.  So far it has been worth it.  Anyways, I enjoyed the very hot weather and the 25 mile drive in the middle of nowhere on route 392.  I wish I was an animal photographer (only on this day) because I witnessed a coyote run right out in front of my car.  It was beautiful and standing looking at my stopped car in the golden light.  Unfortunately,  I am no Gary Winogrand.  The coyote crossed my path from south to north so it represents good luck in the Navajo tradition.  Later on that night a herd of Antelope also crossed in front of me.  Again I am not Gary Winogrand, but I wish I could have been for a split second.





 Canadian River, New Mexico between Ute Lake and Lake Meredith, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment